For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory. Romans 8:14-17

Sunday, May 29, 2011

An introduction

I know most of the readers here will be friends and family who know us well, but I thought I'd do a quick post to introduce my family. John and I will celebrate our 18th anniversary this summer. We were college sweethearts and he's my best friend. We are both up for the crazy adventures God wants us to go on. We've grown up together and look forward to growing old together.

Now for the boys....a quick aside...my friends IRL know I have major internet privacy issues. I'm not a big fan of putting my kids names and faces out there for the world to see. It was a major deal when I finally got a FB account and I'm still picky about what I post about them on there. That said, I will be using initials when I mention them and I would appreciate my IRL friends and family do the same when commenting....thanks!

P is my 14yo. He's about to be a freshman in high school. (How is that possible?) Loves football and basketball, is a leader in his youth group at church. Is a great big brother.

C1 is my 12 yo. He'll be starting 7th grade in the fall. He's also into football (our Thursday nights will be interesting!) and basketball. He's a deep thinker and has a million ideas going at once. He loves to work w/ the little kids at church.

E is my 8 yo. Oh that boy! ;-) He's a funny one. You never know what he's going to say. He's a math whiz and is obsessed w/ dates. Tell him your birthday and he'll remember it forever. He did great in AWANA this yr. finishing the 3rd Sparky book.

C2 is our baby. He's 2 yo (and yes he's still a baby!) He's been such a joy. He's into animals, cars, counting and "AB's". He loves his big brothers and can be found running around the house with a various assortment of light sabers or swords. We marvel at him everyday. Sometime I'll post about the story that led us to him.

God has blessed me with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment