For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory. Romans 8:14-17

Monday, May 30, 2011

It's starting to become real...

Last week I was sitting on the couch w/ C2 playing. He's into his "AB's" as he likes to call them. Loves to sing the alphabet song and loves this placemat we have that has 2 of his faves on it...letters and animals. He was sitting in my lap and we were singing the song (many, many times), he would point out different animals and letters, sometimes grabbing my hand for me to point to things. I was snuggling his neck and stealing kisses on his toes (because is there anything cuter?) and it hit me...in the near future there will be little brown fingers intwined w/ mine and little brown toes to kiss... All the months of talking about it and starting the paperwork that's what made it feel real to me. My other child(ren) live in another country...I don't know if they're born yet, what their situation is, how long it will be until we meet and bring them home, but I do know this...they are my children and I will snuggle with them on the couch, sing endless songs and steal kisses just as I've always done w/ my babies...it's what a mama does.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing how our hearts become weaved together with theirs before we've even met them?! I didn't understand that until we started our process either but now I totally get it! That's your kiddo! Wherever he or she is, however old, born yet or not, they are ours and we LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete